Ocean Colour Scene: 20 Years Of UK Pop Culture At Its Very Best
10 Aug 2019
The Birmingham band’s story is already the stuff of legend: a rip-roaring rock’n’folk odyssey set to a backdrop of over 20 years of UK pop culture at its very best.
Ocean Colour Scene have notched up nine albums, three of which went Top 5 – 1996’s Moseley Shoals, 1997’s Marchin’ Already and 1999’s One From The Modern – and a run of nine successive Top 20 hit singles commencing with 1996’s The Riverboat Song. They supported Oasis at their massive Knebworth shows that same year, and two years later helmed the biggest arena tour of any UK band to date. Their achievements have been nothing short of phenomenal.
From their days as Breton-shirt wearing disciples of The Stone Roses (debut single ‘Sway’) to million selling Britpop superstars (‘Marchin’ Already’ bumped Oasis’ ‘What the Story’ from the top spot in 1997) to long-term touring allies with Paul Weller, they have always stood shoulder to shoulder with the greats of modern British rock.
2016 was a triumphant year for the band that included sold out shows at The SSE Hydro in Glasgow, 2 nights at the Millennium Square in Leeds to 12,000 people, a night at Times Square in Newcastle, 2 nights at Moseley Park in Birmingham and a night at the Manchester Apollo. Unforgettable nights for everyone who was there.
WIN A SIGNED OCEAN COLOUR SCENE VINYL
For a chance to win one of the two vinyl signed by Simon & Oscar of Ocean Colour Scene below, answer the question correctly before midnight, August 26th 2019.
Terms & Conditions:
- Prize Draw open to users who are residents of Great Britain aged 18 and over and who register their email before midnight Monday 26th August 2019.
- Pretty Green are giving you the chance to win one of the two vinyl signed by Simon & Oscar of Ocean Colour Scene.
- Employees of Pretty Green Ltd and their families are not eligible to enter.
- Acceptance of these rules is a condition of entry.
- The prize cannot be substituted.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. No third party entries will be accepted.
- The two winners will be the first names drawn at random and will be notified by e-mail within 48 hours of the prize draw.
- The result of the draw and the promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We must receive confirmation of the winner’s prize claim by email to the address provided in the email notification within 7 days of the prize draw being sent, or the winner’s claim will lapse and automatically become void.
- In the event of a prize claim lapsing, another entrant will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
- The name of the winners will be available on request if a SAE is sent to the Promoter. Retail Customer Services, Pretty Green 2019 Ltd, 2/2A Tileyard Studios, London, N7 9AH.