WHO WE ARE
The website is operated by Pretty Green Limited ("Pretty Green"), a company registered in England and Wales with company number 05914755 and registered address 25-31 London Street, Reading, RG1 4PS.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal information, or if you have any other privacy related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
- e-mail us at email@example.com; or
- write to us at: Pretty Green PO Box 8157 Reading RG6 9NH
A QUICK WORD ABOUT CHILDREN
Our website is not intended for children. We do not and will not knowingly collect or maintain information of children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not access our website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete the personal information of persons under the age of 16.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information that you provide to us.
We will collect any information that you provide to us when you:
- make an enquiry, provide feedback, or make a complaint over the phone, by email or on our website;
- submit correspondence to us by post, email or via our website;
- order products or services via our website;
- create an account to use the website;
- update your profile and other account details;
- subscribe to our newsletter and mailing lists;
- fill in a form, conduct a search, respond to surveys, participate in promotions, participate in competitions, or use any other features of the website;
- register to and/or attend events organised by us;
- submit a CV;
- submit an application to a job vacancy;
- attend an interview or assessment;
- ‘follow’, ‘like’, post to or interact with our social media accounts, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & Instagram; and
The information you provide to us will include (depending on the circumstances):
- Identity and contact data: title, names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers;
- Account profile data: if you’re registering for an account you may also provide a username and password;
- Financial Data: if you are using the website to purchase products or services, which may include billing addresses;
- Employment and background data: if you are submitting a job application, you may also provide additional information about your academic and work history, qualifications, skills, projects and research that you are involved in, references, proof of your entitlement to work in the UK, your national insurance number, your passport or other identity document details, and any other such similar information that you may provide to us;
- Survey data: from time to time we might ask if you would be willing to participate in our surveys; if you agree, we will also collect any information that you provide as part of that survey;
Information we collect about you:
- Information contained in correspondence: we will collect any information contained in any correspondence between us. For example, if you contact us using a query button on our website or by email or telephone, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Transactional data: we will collect information related to your transactions on the website, including the date and time, the amounts charged and other related transaction details;
- Website usage data: we will collect information about your interactions with the website, including information such as login data, IP address, page views, searches, requests, orders, pre-approvals, confirmations, agreements between you and other website users and other actions on the website;
- Technical data: we will also collect certain information about how you use our website and the device that you use to access our website, even where you have not created an account or logged in. This might include your geographical location, device information (such as your hardware model, mobile network information, unique device identifiers), the data transmitted by your browser (such as your IP address, date and type of the request, content of the request regarding the specific site, time zone settings, access status/HTTP status code, volume of data transmitted, browser type and version, language settings, time zone settings referral source, length of visit to the website, date and time of the request, operating system and interface) number of page views, the search queries you make on the website and similar information. This information may be collected by a third-party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies or similar technologies. For more information on cookies please read the section headed “Cookies” below;
Information we receive from third parties
In certain circumstances, we will receive information about you from third parties who may be based inside or outside the EEA. For example:
- Fraud detection agencies: where permitted or required by law, we may receive information about you, including fraud detection information from third party service providers and/or partners;
- Employers, recruitment agencies and referees: if you are a job applicant we may contact your recruiter, current and former employers and/or referees to provide information about you and your application;
- Service providers: we may collect personal information from our website developer, IT support provider and payment services provider;
- Website security: we will collect information from our website security service partners about any misuse to the website, for instance, the introduction of viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs, website attacks or any other material or action that is malicious or harmful;
- Social media plugins: we currently use social media plugins from the following service providers: Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. By providing your social media account details you are authorising that third-party provider to share with us certain information about you.
We might also receive information about you from third parties if you have indicated to such third party that you would like to hear from us.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will use your information for the purposes listed below either on the basis of:
- performance of your contract with us and the provision of our services to you;
- your consent (where we request it);
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- our legitimate interests or those of a third party (see details below).
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide access to our website: to provide you with access to our website in a manner convenient and optimal and with personalised content relevant to you including sharing your information with our website hosts and developers (on the basis of our legitimate interest to ensure our website is presented in an effective and optimal manner);
- To register your account: when you sign up to use our website, we will use the details provided on your account registration form (on the basis of performing our contract with you);
- To process and facilitate transactions with us: we will use your information to process transactions and payments, and to collect and recover money owed to us (on the basis of performing our contract with you and on the basis of our legitimate interest to recover debts due);
- User and customer support: to provide customer service and support (on the basis of our contract with you or on the basis of our legitimate interests to provide you with customer service), deal with enquiries or complaints about the website and share your information with our website developer, IT support provider, payment services provider as necessary to provide customer support (on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing the correct products and services to our website users and to comply with our legal obligations);
- Prize draws, competitions and surveys: to enable you to take part in prize draws, competitions and surveys (on the basis of performing our contract with you and our legitimate interest in studying how our website and services are used, to develop them and grow our business);
- Recruitment: to process any job applications you submit to us, whether directly or via an agent or recruiter including sharing this with our third party recruitment agency (on the basis of our legitimate interest to recruit new employees or contractors);
- Marketing: to keep in contact with you about our news, events, new website features products or services that we believe may interest you, provided that we have the requisite permission to do so, (either on the basis of your consent where we have requested it, or our legitimate interests to provide you with marketing communications where we may lawfully do so);
- Advertising: to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you (on the basis of our legitimate interests in studying how our website/services are used, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy);
- Social media interactions: to interact with users on social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, & Instagram, for example, responding to comments and messages, posting, ‘retweeting’ and ‘liking’ posts (on the basis of our legitimate interest in promoting our brand and communicating with interested individuals);
- Analytics: to use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences (on the basis of our legitimate interests in defining types of customers for our website and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy);
- Research: to carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general engagement with our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes (on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing the right kinds of products and services to our website users). Certain pages of the website can sometimes contain electronic images or statistics trackers, which make it possible to count the number of visitors to the page. This can be used with certain partners in order to measure and improve the effectiveness of certain adverts. The information obtained is anonymous and simply makes it possible to gather statistics on the frequency of use of certain pages of the website. No single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes;
- Fraud and unlawful activity detection: to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity, including identity fraud (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a safe and lawful business or where we have a legal obligation to do so);
- Compliance with policies, procedures and laws: to enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees and share your information with our technical and legal advisors (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a safe and lawful business or where we have a legal obligation to do so); and
Our legitimate interests
As outlined above, in certain circumstances we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties. Where we use your information for our legitimate interests, we make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may have on you. Our legitimate interests don’t automatically override yours and we won’t use your information if we believe your interests should override ours unless we have other grounds to do so (such as your consent or a legal obligation). If you have any concerns about our processing please refer to section headed “Your Rights” below.
WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
In connection with the purposes and on the lawful grounds described above and in addition to the recipients of your information as described above, we will share your personal information when relevant with third parties (who may be based both inside and outside the EEA) such as:
- Partners and collaborators: other brands we may do collaborations with;
- Our service providers: service providers we work with to deliver our business, who are acting as processors and provide us with:
- website development and hosting services;
- IT, system administration and security services;
- marketing and advertising services (including the Google AdWords service), analytics providers (including Google Analytics);
- social media plugin services including Facebook,Twittet & Instagram;
- payment services and fraud prevention services;
- recruitment services; and
- carrier services.
- Regulators and governmental bodies: HM Revenue & Customs, regulators, governmental bodies and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances;
- Marketing parties: any selected third party that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes;
We require third parties to maintain appropriate security to protect your information from unauthorised access or processing.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the website.
The types of cookies we use on our website are outlined below:
|Essential/Functional Cookies||Allows for the navigation of the site, Add to Basket and Wish List functionality|
|Performance||These cookies allow us to improve our site speed, elevate the user experience improve the overall quality of our site.|
|Social Media and Advertising||These cookies allow you to connect your social networks and help better tailor advertising to your interests|
Our company is located in the UK.
Some of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
SECURITY AND RETENTION
How we look after your information
We operate a policy of “privacy by design” by looking for opportunities to minimise the amount of personal information we hold about you. We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access or unlawful use, such as:
- ensuring the physical security of our offices, warehouses or other sites;
- ensuring the physical and digital security of our equipment and devices by using appropriate password protection and encryption;
- maintaining a data protection policy for, and delivering data protection training to, our employees; and
- limiting access to your personal information to those in our company who need to use it in the course of their work.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
How long we keep your information for
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably require to retain the information for our lawful business purposes, such as for the purposes of exercising our legal rights or where we are permitted to do.
You have certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, including:
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- the right to request access to the information that we hold about you;
- the right to request that we correct or rectify any information that we hold about you which is out of date or incorrect;
- the right to object to our using your information on the basis of our legitimate interests (refer to the section headed “How we use information about you” above to see when we are relying on our legitimate interests), or those of a third party, and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground;
- the right to receive a copy of any information we hold about you (or request that we transfer this to another service provider) in a structured, commonly-used, machine readable format, in certain circumstances;
- in certain circumstances, the right to ask us to limit or cease processing or erase information we hold about you; and
- the right to lodge a complaint about us to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/) as well as a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority in your country of work or residence.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for our own record-keeping and research purposes. We may also need to send you service-related communications relating to your user account even when you have requested not to receive marketing communications.
We will give you the opportunity to opt in to receive marketing information by e-mail from us and we will only send it to you if you do opt in or if you are an existing customer and the information relates to similar items or services to those which you have previously purchased from us. When we send you communications by e-mail, we will give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications from us. It is not our normal practice to send out marketing communications by post or telephone but if we do, you will be able to opt out of receiving such communications from us. However, if you opt out of receiving communications from us, particularly by email, that this will preclude you from receiving our special offers or promotions in future.
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any third party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent to receive marketing information from us or carefully selected third parties but later change your mind, you may contact us by email at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will cease any such activity.
How to exercise your rights
You may exercise your rights above by contacting our Customer Service team at email@example.com or in the case of preventing processing for marketing activities also by checking certain boxes on forms that we use to collect your data to tell us that you don’t want to be involved in marketing or by updating your marketing preferences via your account with us.
We will comply with your requests to exercise your rights above unless we have a lawful reason not to do so.
What we need from you to process your requests
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and to enable you to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We will try to respond to all legitimate requests
within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.